Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tiger Woods at the Inauguration of new U.S. President Barack Obama

You can subscribe to the Tiger Woods Newsletter at his website. Being a golfer myself, I do. Tiger's most recent posting contains the following notable paragraph:

"President Obama recently asked me to speak at the inauguration opening ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. It was such an honor to be invited and be a part of history and to speak about something that means so much to me, our men and women in the military. He was very busy, so we didn't get to talk much. I didn't want to get in his way. I did ask him if he wanted to play golf and he said, 'I'd love to.' So we'll make it happen. I think the thing that impressed me the most about him was the way he carries himself. He has great leadership qualities, and his accomplishment truly embodies what's best about America. He represents what we as Americans have in common, not perceived differences."

See the inauguration remarks in this video:



The text of Tiger's inauguration remarks can be found at his website and at PGA.com.

Posting mirror to LawPundit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts