Friday, January 29, 2010

PGA.com :: Features :: Complete coverage of the new grooves policy

PGA.com :: Features :: Complete coverage of the new grooves policy

My opinion of the USGA and the Royal & Ancient Club in recent years is zero.

Last year I had to buy a new driver because mine was ruled ineligible at 464cc instead of 460cc on the one model they tested - they did not test MY club. I bought the driver at a reputable company who said it was conforming.

So the USGA cost me lots of money for nothing and they will be on my negative list for years to come. Nor do I have any guarantee that they may not outlaw everything in my bag. Who knows.

This new groove thing is just more of the same.

You can't hold back progress. Fools.

Next thing you know we will be playing with rubber balls like 100 years ago.

Are these golf ruling bodies composed of too many stuffed shirts overimpressed with their own importance. Who needs them? Not this golfer.

They should be replaced by a futuristic body with some actual contact to the real game of golf today.
The number of people playing golf in the USA, for example, is receding, and people like the USGA are directly responsible for that development.

Grow, or die. That's the rule of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts