Sunday, May 09, 2010

Tiger Woods withdraws from the Players Championship due to Pain from a possible Bulging Disk in his Back: Is his Current Golf Swing at Fault?

The Associated Press (AP) headlines that Tiger Woods has withdrawn from the Players Championship due to what might be a bulging disk in his back.

Could it be that Johnny Miller has it right that Woods should go back to his old swing of a decade ago? Or should he revamp his swing altogether?

Perhaps the current swing puts too much strain on his back.

Speaking for myself as a long hitter whose length of drives still rivals those of the pros, as I have gotten older (I am 63 now and was men's champion at my golf club at 61 3/4 years of age) I have had to change my swing in the course of time to reduce the pressure exerted on the back by the superfast rotation required to get the high club speed needed for superlong distance.

There are some tricks to do this but I am not divulging them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts